1. What is a BPI Debit Mastercard?
The new BPI Debit Mastercard is an EMV-enabled debit card with more enhanced features compared to the magstripe BPI Debit card and BPI Debit EMV Cirrus card. Aside from the security of the EMV chip technology, you can also enjoy:
- Expanded payment solutions and expanded access to cash
- Better security with a 6-Digit PIN
- Payments through local/ international POS terminals wherever EPS, Mastercard or BancNet is accepted
- Withdrawing cash from any BPI, BancNet or Mastercard-affiliated ATMs locally and internationally
- Payments via tap for all purchases below Php 2,000.00 without need for signature or PIN
- Payments for online purchases and services wherever Mastercard is accepted.
Note: transactions where you are required to enroll your card details and subscription payments are not yet supported.
- Access to multiple accounts with just one card thru Account Linkage.
- Access to BPI's 24/7 Banking Channels
- Transactional alerts and notifications for ATM withdrawals of Php 5,000 and above (requires opt-in via BPI Online)
- Customizable withdrawal/ spending limits and other card settings through Card Control in BPI Online and Mobile App.
2. What can I do with my BPI Debit Mastercard?
- Pay in-store - Pay for goods or services at any EPS, BancNet and Mastercard affiliated stores / merchants worldwide.
- Pay online - Pay for goods or services wherever Mastercard is accepted
- Withdraw Cash - Withdraw from your Deposit Account at any ATMs here and abroad.
3. How do I get a BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may get a BPI Debit Mastercard at any branch.
4. Can I use my BPI Debit Mastercard the moment I receive it?
No, you must activate your BPI Debit Mastercard first. Please refer to your card carrier for the activation steps.
5. I cannot activate my BPI Debit Mastercard, what do I do?
For newly issued cards, you need to change your PIN within 2 days upon card release. If not, please request to have your temporary PIN reactivated in any BPI branch near you. Once you have re-activated your temporary PIN, please proceed to any BPI ATM to change your PIN.
For migrated cards, you would need your old BPI ATM/Debit card to activate your new BPI Debit Mastercard, for security reasons. You will not be able to activate your new card if:
- You forgot the PIN of your old BPI ATM/Debit card
- Your old BPI ATM/Debit card is no longer active
- Your old BPI ATM/Debit card is lost or is damaged.
To be able to activate your BPI Debit Mastercard, you may request for a temporary PIN in any BPI branch near you. Once you have a temporary PIN, please proceed to any BPI ATM to change your PIN.
6. How do I use my BPI Debit Mastercard to pay?
Simply present your card at any EPS, BancNet or Mastercard affiliated merchant. Insert, swipe or tap your card in the Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal. You may be asked to enter your 6-digit PIN or sign the receipt to complete the transaction.
Also, you can use your card to pay online. Online merchants will ask certain card details when you pay.
Note: You need to turn on your E-Commerce Access via Card Control since this is off by default. To learn more about enabling e-commerce click here. Please take note that E-Commerce transactions where you are required to enroll your card details and subscription payments are currently not yet accepted.
7. Can I use my BPI Debit Mastercard outside the Philippines?
Yes, you can use your BPI Debit Mastercard to withdraw in the local currency of the country you are in at any Mastercard-affiliated ATM.
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
Yes, you can use your BPI Debit Mastercard to pay in stores wherever Mastercard is accepted.
Yes, you can use your BPI Debit Mastercard to pay online wherever Mastercard is accepted as long as you enable e-commerce for your card.
8. Can I use my BPI Debit Mastercard to pay for online/app purchases or services?
Yes, the BPI Debit Mastercard can be used to pay for online/app purchases or services*. Please ensure that your E-Commerce Access has been turned on. To turn on your E-Commerce Access, please click here for the instructions.
*Note: Please take note that E-Commerce transactions where you are required to enroll your card details and subscription payments are currently not yet accepted.
9. Do I need to inform BPI before I can use my BPI Debit Mastercard outside the Philippines?
You don’t need to inform BPI anymore. International Access for your BPI Debit Mastercard is already enabled when you receive your card. You may opt to deactivate your International Access by requesting in any BPI branch or via 889-10000 or via card control.
10. What are my limits for Withdrawals and Purchases?
To know your card’s withdrawal and purchase limits, please click here.
11. Is there a limit for purchasing online?
Your online purchases are limited to Php 20,000 per day. This amount forms part of your card’s daily purchase limit.
12. Am I charged any fee when using my BPI Debit Mastercard?
Certain transactions, such as withdrawals at local non-BPI ATMs, and transactions done outside the Philippines for POS and ATM, may incur transaction fees. To view the complete table of transaction fees, please click here.
13. Does my BPI Debit Mastercard have an expiration date?
Yes, the “Valid Thru” in front of your BPI Debit Mastercard indicates the month and year of card expiry. Your card is valid until the date printed on your card. You will need to have your card renewed in any BPI branch near you before the date indicated on your card.
14. What happens when my BPI Debit Mastercard expires?
Once your card has exceeded the “Valid Thru” date indicated, you won’t be able to transact with your card until you have it renewed. It is recommended that you renew your card at least 1 month before it expires.
15. Where and when can I renew my BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may renew your card in any branch within 6 months before the expiry date.
16. I tried using my BPI Debit Mastercard in an ATM/store's POS terminal but it does not work, what do I do?
There are a lot of reasons why your transaction may be declined. Here are a few common mistakes why a transaction may have not pushed thru:
- Keying-in the wrong PIN.
- Using a card that is not yet activated.
- Having insufficient funds.
If you are still having problems transacting, contact us at 889-10000 or visit any branch.
17. How do you turn on E-Commerce?
Step 1 - Log in to your BPI Online or BPI Mobile App
Step 2 - Select "Other Services" and access "Card Control" under "Cards"
Step 3 - Choose the card you will use for your purchase, and activate your "E-Commerce access".
Note: You will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) for this to proceed.
18. I did not receive a One-Time Password (OTP) when I tried turning my E-Commerce access on, what do I do?
Kindly ensure your mobile number registered in our records is up to date. To update your mobile number, please visit any BPI branch near you or update thru BPI Mobile App.
19. How to use when purchasing online?
When purchasing online, have your card on hand as the merchant may ask for some of your card’s details. Some merchants may also require a one-time password to complete your payment. For security, do not share your card details or OTP with anyone.
Note: You need to turn on your E-Commerce access via Card Control since this is off by default. Please be advised also that E-Commerce transactions where you are required to enroll your card details and subscription payments are currently not yet accepted. We will announce once these transactions are available.
20. Why is my online transaction being declined?
There are a lot of reasons why your transactions may be declined. Please check on the following:
- Your e-commerce feature is enabled. For your security, this is turned off by default.
To turn on your E-Commerce access, please click here for the instruction.
- Your card details you input are correct.
- Your card is active.
- You have sufficient funds.
- You input the correct OTP when asked.
Also, please take note E-Commerce transactions where you are required to enroll your card details and subscription payments are currently not yet accepted. We will announce once these transactions are available.
If you are still having problems transacting, contact us at 889-10000 or visit any branch.
21. When I tried purchasing online, I was being asked for a One Time Password. What is this and where do I get this?
To increase security of an online transaction, some merchants may require a One Time Password (OTP). Your OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number with the bank. Kindly ensure that your mobile number is updated in our records.
22. How would I know if my transaction pushed thru?
The merchant will normally give you a confirmation that your transaction is successful. Alternatively, you can check your transaction history in BPI Online Banking or BPI Mobile App.
23. For disputes (such as multiple debit, incorrect amount charged, cancelled transactions, etc.) and fraud related concerns:
Please report incident immediately to the nearest branch or call 889-10000 (all areas with “02” area code), 1-800-188-89100 (domestic toll-free for PLDT) and +632 889-10000 (mobile phone and international calls).
24. My BPI Debit Mastercard was lost/stolen, what should I do?
To ensure your account is protected, you may immediately block your card in real time by logging in to BPI Online and using Card Control under Other Services.
Alternatively, dial 889-10000 (+63-2-89-10000 if abroad) and press “5” to report the card as lost/stolen, so your card can immediately be blocked.
BPI Debit Mastercard Account Linkage
1. What is Account Linkage?
Account Linkage allows you to easily access your other card-based deposit accounts in just one card.
2. I have ATM-based deposit accounts in both BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank. Can the two accounts be linked in one card?
No, only ATM-based deposit accounts belonging to the same entity can be linked in one card.
3. How many deposit accounts can be linked to my BPI Debit Mastercard?
Your BPI Debit Mastercard has one (1) Main Deposit Account and can have up to nine (9) other Linked Deposit Accounts. The Main Deposit Account of your card can be viewed and used at BPI and non-BPI ATMs here and abroad. While Linked Deposit Accounts refers to other BPI card-based deposit accounts linked to your card.
4. How will I know the assigned Main Deposit Account for my BPI Debit Mastercard?
Your Main Deposit Account is specified in your card carrier when you receive your BPI Debit Mastercard.
5. Can I change my Main Deposit Account/Linked Accounts?
Yes, you may change your Main Deposit Account or Linked Accounts. Simply visit any BPI branch near you.
Note: As of the moment, this feature is only available to BPI Debit Mastercard cardholders.
6. How do I access the Linked Deposit Accounts using my BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may view and transact with your Main Deposit Account and other Linked Deposit Accounts at BPI ATMs nationwide.
When transacting at non-BPI ATMs or when paying at POS terminals or online, your Main Deposit Account is automatically selected for your transaction.
7. Will my card limit increase if I have several deposit accounts linked to my BPI Debit Mastercard?
Your BPI Debit Mastercard's withdrawal and spend limits will not increase regardless of the number of accounts linked to your card, as an added layer of security.
To know the withdrawal and spend limit set of your card, please click here.
8. Can I remove any or all of the Linked Deposit Accounts in my BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may request to link or unlink accounts in any BPI branch or via 889-10000.
9. What will happen if I remove any or all of my Linked Deposit Accounts from my BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may still be able to access your account(s) that are not linked to your BPI Debit Mastercard through:
- Other cards associated with your account
- Over the counter transactions at our branches
- Electronic Banking through BPI Online, or the BPI Mobile App.
BPI Debit Mastercard Card Control
1. What is Card Control?
Card control is a service available in BPI Online/Mobile App that allows you to customize your card features in real-time. You can change your withdrawal and spending limits, permanently or temporarily block/unblock your card, enable/disable International Access, and enable/disable E-Commerce.
Note: Some Card Control transactions will require you to input an OTP.
2. How can I access Card Control via BPI Online/Mobile App?
Here are the steps on accessing your Card Control:
I. Log-in via BPI Online/Mobile App.
II. Press the home button and choose “Other Services”.
III. Click Card Control to see your activated BPI Debit Mastercard.
IV. Click the Debit card you wish to customize.
3. What can I find in Card Control?
These are the facilities that you'll see in this feature:
- Withdrawal Limit – Amount of cash you can withdraw thru the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) per day.
- Purchase Limit – Amount of purchases you can make using your card.
- International Access- This toggle enables/disables you to transact with your debit card outside the Philippines.
- E-Commerce Access – This toggle enables/disables you to transact with your debit card online.
- Temporary Block – This feature when allows you to temporarily block/unblock all transactions of your debit card.
- Permanent Lost Card Blocking – This will permanently block your card in real time. You may use this in case your card is lost or stolen.