1. What is a BPI Debit Mastercard?
The new BPI Debit Mastercard is an EMV-enabled debit card with more enhanced features compared to the magstripe BPI Debit card and BPI Debit EMV Cirrus card. Aside from the security of the EMV chip technology, you can also enjoy:
- Improved protection with a 6-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Cashless in-store payments nationwide, wherever BancNet and Mastercard is accepted
- Wider acceptance at BPI, BancNet and Mastercard ATMs worldwide
- Access all your other card-based deposit accounts at BPI ATMs with just one card, through Account Linkage
- Customizing your withdrawal and spending limits and other card settings quickly via BPI Online
- Paying for your US dollar-denominated purchases in-stores abroad wherever Mastercard is accepted.
Soon you’ll also be able to enjoy these features:
- International Debit Acceptance – Simply use your card to pay in stores abroad in any type of currency, wherever Mastercard is accepted.
- eCommerce – Pay for online purchases and services, wherever Mastercard is accepted.
2. What can I do with my BPI Debit Mastercard?
- Pay in-store - Pay for goods or services at BancNet and Mastercard affiliated stores / merchants nationwide
- Get Cash - Withdraw from any of your Deposit Accounts linked to your card at BPI ATMs and from your Main Deposit Account at any BancNet or Mastercard-affiliated ATMs here and abroad
3. How do I get a BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may get a BPI Debit Mastercard at your branch of account.
If your payroll account is with BPI, we recommend that you coordinate with your HR first for instructions before going to a branch.
4. Can I use my BPI Debit Mastercard the moment I receive it?
No, you must activate your BPI Debit Mastercard first. Please refer to your card carrier for the activation steps.
5. I cannot activate my BPI Debit Mastercard, what do I do?
For migrated cards, you would need your old BPI ATM/Debit card to activate your new BPI Debit Mastercard, for security reasons. You will not be able to activate your new card if:
- You forgot the PIN of your old BPI ATM/Debit card
- Your old BPI ATM/Debit card is no longer active
- Your old BPI ATM/Debit card is lost or is damaged.
To be able to activate your BPI Debit Mastercard, you may request for a temporary PIN in any BPI branch near you. Once you have a temporary PIN, please proceed to any BPI ATM to change your PIN.
For newly issued cards, you need to change your PIN within 2 days upon card release. If not, please request to have your temporary PIN reactivated in any BPI branch near you. Once you have re-activated your temporary PIN, please proceed to any BPI ATM to change your PIN.
6. How do I use my BPI Debit Mastercard to pay?
Simply present your card at any BancNet or Mastercard affiliated merchant. Your card will be inserted or swiped or tapped into the Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal and you will be asked to enter your 6-digit PIN or sign the receipt to complete the transaction.
7. Can I use my BPI Debit Mastercard outside the Philippines?
Yes, you can use your BPI Debit Mastercard to withdraw in the local currency of the country you are in at any Mastercard-affiliated ATM.
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
Yes, you can use your BPI Debit Mastercard to Pay for your US dollar-denominated purchases in stores wherever Mastercard is accepted.
8. Do I need to inform BPI before I can use my BPI Debit Mastercard outside the Philippines?
You don’t need to inform BPI anymore. International Access for your BPI Debit Mastercard is already enabled when you receive your card. You may opt to deactivate your International Access by requesting in any BPI branch or via 89-100.
9. Can I use my BPI Debit Mastercard to pay for online/app purchases or services?
At the moment, the BPI Debit Mastercard can’t be used to pay for online/app purchases or services. We’ll notify you as soon as this feature becomes available.
10. Am I charged any fee when using my BPI Debit Mastercard?
Certain transactions, such as withdrawals at local non-BPI ATMs and transactions outside the Philippines, may incur transaction fees. To view the complete table of transaction fees, please click here.
11. Does my BPI Debit Mastercard have an expiration date?
Yes, the “Valid Thru” in front of your BPI Debit Mastercard indicates the month and year of card expiry. Your card is valid until the date printed on your card. You will need to have your card renewed in any BPI branch near you before the date indicated on your card.
12. What happens when my BPI Debit Mastercard expires?
Once your card has exceeded the “Valid Thru” date indicated, you won’t be able to transact with your card until you have it renewed. It is recommended that you renew your card at least 1 month before it expires.
13. Where and when can I renew my BPI Debit Mastercard?
You will need to have your card renewed in any BPI branch within 6 months before the expiry date.
NOTE: You can still renew your BPI Debit Mastercard 3 months after your card’s expiry date.
14. I tried using my BPI Debit Mastercard in an ATM/store's POS terminal but it does not work, what do I do?
Your BPI Debit Mastercard is accepted at BPI, BancNet and Mastercard-affiliated ATM. You can also pay for goods or services at BancNet and Mastercard affiliated stores nationwide.
15. What do US dollar denominated purchases mean?
These are purchases paid in US dollar (USD) in any Mastercard-affiliated store in the United States of America (USA).
16. What are the Point of Sale (POS) transactions that are accepted using the BPI Debit Mastercard?
|Country where transaction was made
BPI Debit Mastercard Account Linkage
1. What is Account Linkage?
Account Linkage allows you to easily access your other card-based deposit accounts in just one card.
2. I have ATM-based deposit accounts in both BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank. Can the two accounts be linked in one card?
No, only ATM-based deposit accounts belonging to the same entity can be linked in one card.
3. How many deposit accounts can be linked to my BPI Debit Mastercard?
Your BPI Debit Mastercard has one (1) Main Deposit Account and can have up to nine (9) other Linked Deposit Accounts. The Main Deposit Account of your card can be viewed and used at BPI and non-BPI ATMs here and abroad. While Linked Deposit Accounts refers to other BPI card-based deposit accounts linked to your card.
4. How will I know the assigned Main Deposit Account for my BPI Debit Mastercard?
Your Main Deposit Account is specified in your card carrier when you receive your BPI Debit Mastercard.
5. Can I change my Main Deposit Account/Linked Accounts?
Yes, you may change your Main Deposit Account or Linked Accounts. Simply visit any BPI branch near you.
NOTE: As of the moment, this feature is only available to BPI Debit Mastercard cardholders.
6. How do I access the Linked Deposit Accounts using my BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may view and transact with your Main Deposit Account and other Linked Deposit Accounts at BPI ATMs nationwide.
When transacting at non-BPI ATMs or when paying at POS terminals, your Main Deposit Account is automatically selected for your transaction.
7. Will my card limit increase if I have several deposit accounts linked to my BPI Debit Mastercard?
Your BPI Debit Mastercard's withdrawal and spend limits will not increase regardless of the number of accounts linked to your card, as an added layer of security.
To know the withdrawal and spend limit set of your card, please click here.
8. Can I remove any or all of the Linked Deposit Accounts in my BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may request to remove any or all of your Linked Deposit Accounts in any BPI branch or via 89-100.
You may request to link those accounts again, when you need to, in any BPI branch or via 89-100.
Removing or linking of accounts will take effect after one (1) banking day.
9. What will happen if I remove any or all of my Linked Deposit Accounts from my BPI Debit Mastercard?
You may still be able to access your account(s) that are not linked to your BPI Debit Mastercard through:
- Other cards associated with your account
- Over the counter transactions at our branches
- Electronic Banking through BPI Online, or the BPI Mobile App.