IMPORTANT: Address, date of birth, and other details must be those of the Cardholder and the Purchaser. Please read these BPI Prepaid Card Terms and Conditions carefully.
1. THE CARD/PREPAID CARD - Shall refer to BPI Prepaid Cards such as BPI Express Cash, BPI ePay MC, BPI ePay Gift, BPI My ePrepaid, which are affiliated with MasterCard, BPI ePay Visa, More Fun Prepaid Card and BPI Amore Visa Prepaid Card, which are affiliated with Visa, or a local proprietary Card, and such other Cards to be issued by the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) from time to time, which can be purchased for personal use or as a gift to a third party, or for whatever legal purpose it may serve.
2. CARDHOLDER / PURCHASER - The term “Cardholder” shall refer to (i) a person who purchases or avails of a Card for his/her own use or the person for whom or for whose use a Card is purchased, and (ii) whose name is printed on the Card. The term “Purchaser” shall refer to the person who purchases or avails of a Card for his/her own use or for the use of another.
For generic/nameless Cards, the Purchaser shall be deemed to be the Cardholder and agrees to be solely and exclusively bound by these Terms and Conditions for the issuance of the Prepaid Card whether such Card be for his/her own use or for the use of another.
All Cards should be signed by the relevant Cardholder and are non-transferable.
3. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CARDHOLDER - The Cardholder agrees to (i) sign the Card immediately upon receiving it and (ii) safeguard the Card as if it were cash. BPI may, at its option, assign a system-generated personal identification number (PIN) to a Card (except for BPI ePay Gift, BPI My ePrepaid, More Fun Prepaid Card and BPI Amore Visa Prepaid Card) to enable the Cardholder to withdraw cash or do balance inquiries via the Automated Teller Machine (ATM).
It is also advised that the Cardholder immediately change this initial PIN and nominate his/her own PIN. The Cardholder agrees that all purchases, payments and withdrawals using the Card shall be conclusively presumed to have been a personally made or authorized by the Cardholder.
4. USES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE CARD - The Cardholder can use BPI Prepaid Cards to pay for goods, services and transportation fares in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. All BPI Prepaid Cards are not deposit accounts and do not earn interest. The value stored in the Cards is not insured by the Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC). Enumerated below are the specific uses for the Cards:
a. For BPI Express Cash, the Card can be used to pay for goods and services availed at any MasterCard-affiliated establishment nationwide. It can also be used for balance inquiry, cash withdrawal, prepaid mobile phone reload and fund transfer to another BPI Prepaid Card via BPI ATMs nationwide. The withdrawal is limited to a maximum of Twenty Thousand Pesos (P20.000.00) per day. Cash withdrawals can be availed at any BPI/BPI Family Savings Bank ATM’s nationwide and will be subject to withdrawal fee. The Card cannot, however, be used for Over-the-Counter withdrawals at any BPI/BPI Family Savings Bank branch.
b. For BPI ePay Gift, the Card can be used to pay for goods and services availed at any MasterCard-affiliated establishment nationwide.
c. For BPI My ePrepaid, the Card can be used for payments of any goods and services purchased online at any MasterCard-affiliated website and payments of goods and services at any MasterCard-affiliated establishment worldwide.
d. For the More Fun Prepaid Card, the Card can be used for payments of any goods and services purchased online at any Visa-affiliated website and payments of goods and services at any Visa-affiliated establishment worldwide.
e. For the BPI Amore Visa Prepaid Card, the Card can be used for payments of any goods and services purchased online at any Visa-affiliated website and payments of goods and services at any Visa and Visa payWave affiliated merchants worldwide.
f. For BPI ePay MC, the Card can be used for payments of any goods and services purchased online at any Mastercard-affiliated websites and Mastercard-affiliated establishments worldwide. It can also be used for balance inquiry, cash withdrawal, prepaid mobile phone reload and fund transfer to another BPI Prepaid Card via BPI ATMs nationwide. The withdrawal is limited to a maximum of Twenty Thousand Pesos (P20.000.00) per day. Cash withdrawals can be availed at any ATM’s nationwide and will be subject to withdrawal fee. The Card cannot, however, be used for Over-the-Counter withdrawals at any BPI/BPI Family Savings Bank branch.
g. For BPI ePay Visa, the Card can be used for payments of any goods and services purchased online at any Visa-affiliated websites and Visa-affiliated establishments worldwide. It can also be used for balance inquiry, cash withdrawal, prepaid mobile phone reload and fund transfer to another BPI Prepaid Card via BPI ATMs nationwide. The withdrawal is limited to a maximum of Twenty Thousand Pesos (P20.000.00) per day. Cash withdrawals can be availed at any ATM’s nationwide and will be subject to withdrawal fee. The Card cannot, however, be used for Over-the-Counter withdrawals at any BPI/BPI Family Savings Bank branch.
h. For BPI ePay MC, BPI ePay Visa, My ePrepaid, More Fun Prepaid Card and BPI Amore Visa Prepaid Card, payment transactions made abroad will be converted at the exchange rate on the date the transaction is posted. In cases of return of goods, tickets, and other services obtained through the use of the Card where the merchant permits such return, the Cardholder agrees to absorb any loss or gain in relation to the exchange rate which may be charged to the Card. Payment transactions made online and/or abroad using the Card are subject to the regulations, controls, or limitations imposed by the relevant merchant, institution and/or country.
i. For BPI Amore Visa Prepaid Card, which is identifiable by the Visa payWave logo, instead of swiping the Card for in-store transactions, Cardholder just has to tap the Card against the contactless reader. Payment using the payWave functionality can only be made at participating merchant outlet and if the purchase is under Php 2,000. Cardholder will still need to sign if purchase is equal to or over Php 2,000.
j. BPI ePay Gift, MyePrepaid, More Fun Prepaid Card and BPI Amore Visa Prepaid Card cannot be used for cash withdrawals at BPI ATMs or at any BPI or BPI Family Savings Bank branches.
k. For cards bearing the beep™ and Transpo logos, the Card can be used to pay for transportation fares and for other purchases at any beep™-affiliated merchant. Cardholder can tap the Card against beep™ contactless readers at transportation hubs and merchant outlets where the beep™ and Transpo logos are found.
AF Payments Inc. is the sole issuer of beep™. AF Payments Inc. is responsible for the issuance and governance of the beep™ application. By using the beep™ functionality, the cardholder agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions published at www.beeptopay.com.
5. ACCREDITED ESTABLISHMENTS - BPI has agreed with MasterCard International that Cards bearing the MasterCard or MasterCard Electronic logo shall be honored at all MasterCard-affiliated merchants with electronic terminals. Cards with Internet shopping functionality can also be used in MasterCard-affiliated shopping sites through an online payment facility.
BPI has also agreed with Visa that Cards bearing the Visa logo shall be honored at all Visa-affiliated merchants with electronic terminals. Cards with Internet shopping functionality can also be used in Visa-affiliated shopping sites through an online payment facility.
In the same manner, BPI has agreed with AF Payments Inc. that Cards bearing the beep™ and Transpo logo shall be honored in beep™ affiliated merchants. Transpo is the Automated Fare collection Brand of the Department of Transportation and Communications. BPI shall not be responsible/liable to the Cardholder if for any reason, the Card is not accepted. The Cardholder agrees to hold BPI, its directors, officers, employees and representatives free and harmless from any and all claims for damages resulting from the failure or refusal of any merchant to honor the Card. Cardholder should always carry an alternative payment method and not solely rely on the Card to process payment of goods and/services purchased.
6. CARD USAGES –Subject to any applicable limits, use of the Card is permitted as long as the value available on the Card is not exceeded; provided, however, that there may be situations where the Card balance will register a negative amount and the Cardholder will remain liable in repaying the BPI for any such negative amounts.
The Cardholder acknowledges that a negative balance on the Card does not constitute an open end line of credit. No allowance or acceptance of a negative balance on one or more occasion shall entitle the Cardholder to any other or further negative balance in similar or other circumstances and BPI may refuse to pay a negative balance for the Cardholder at any time. The BPI has no obligation to notify the Cardholder before the BPI will approve or decline a transaction that would result in a negative balance on the Card. Transactions will be approved or declined in the order they are received by the data processor. For security reasons, BPI may limit the amount or number of transactions the Cardholder may make in the Card or may decline a transaction which BPI has the reason to believe is unauthorized.
7. CARD VALUE - The total Card Value must not, at any given time, exceed the following:
||Maximum Card Value
|BPI Express Cash, BPI ePay Gift
||Twenty Thousand Pesos (P20,000.00)
|BPI ePay MC, BPI ePay Visa, BPI My ePrepaid, More Fun Prepaid Card and Amore Visa Prepaid Card
||One Hundred Thousand Pesos (P100,00
The Cardholder may check the balance of the Card by inquiring via: (i) Express Phone (89-100); (ii) any Express Teller ATM nationwide (if Card has a valid 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN); (iii) Express Online, provided the Card has been enrolled in the Purchaser's/Cardholder's Express Online account; (iv) by texting using a mobile phone, key in BALEC <16 digit BPI Prepaid Card number> and send to 2274 for Globe and Touch Mobile.
For beep, the value of the Card is distinct and separate from MasterCard or Visa load value. The minimum amount that can be loaded in beep is equivalent to the lower of (i) Twelve Pesos (P12.00), and (ii) the applicable minimum fare, with a maximum load amount of Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00). The Beep balance can be checked using beep balance inquiry facilities.
8. CARD RELOAD - The Card can be reloaded by the Cardholder, the Purchaser, or by a third party with additional value any time as long as it has not yet expired and the Maximum Card Value has not been exceeded. The maximum amount that can be loaded per day is the difference between the Maximum Card Value and the balance of the Card. Funds transfer from an existing deposit account to the Card can also be done thru: (i) Express Phone (89-100) (ii) Express Online (www.bpiexpressonline.com) (iii) all Express Teller ATMs nationwide (iv) Express Mobile, and (v) all Express Deposit Machines. The actual time of crediting the load will depend on what channel was used to reload. Some channels may also require pre-enrollment or encoding of passwords, security numbers, or codes before reloading can be done. The Aggregate Monthly Load Limit per Card is as follows;
||Aggregate Monthly Load Limit
|BPI Express Cash, BPI ePay Gift
||One Hundrer Thousand Pesos (P100,000.00)
|BPI ePay MC, BPI ePay Visa, BPI My ePrepaid, More Fun Prepaid Card and Amore Visa Prepaid Card
||Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (P500,000.00)
In case a Cardholder holds several Cards, the total amount loaded in all such Cards shall be consolidated in determining compliance with the Aggregate Monthly Load Limit. Only cash and its equivalent (e.g. fund transfer from a deposit account) shall be accepted for loading value into the Card. BPI reserves the right, without notice and without liability, to deactivate Cards exceeding the load and balance limit. No checks shall be accepted for loading value into the Card.
9. PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN) – Cardholder acknowledges that withdrawals and inquiries on BPI Express Cash, BPI ePay MC and BPI ePay Visa through BPI and BFB ATMs can be made only by using a valid Prepaid Card together with correct PIN. Cardholder likewise acknowledges that a prenominated PIN has been provided to him/her together with the Prepaid Card. This PIN will allow Cardholder to do any withdrawal on the Prepaid Card from any BPI and BFB ATMs.
Cardholder agrees to personally nominate his/her own PIN promptly upon release of the Prepaid Card and its prenominated PIN. Cardholder acknowledges that his/her personalized PIN is known only to him/her, not by anyone else, even by BPI. Cardholder is required to keep his/her PIN confidential at all times and not to disclose his/her PIN to anyone. All transactions processed through the use of the Prepaid Card and the PIN shall be conclusively presumed to be with full knowledge and authority of the Cardholder and he/she shall accept full responsibility for all transactions processed therewith. Cardholder shall hold BPI free and harmless from any and all losses, damages or liabilities he/she may suffer as a consequence or result of his/her disclosure of his/her PIN.
10. EXPIRY AND RENEWAL OF THE CARD - Unless earlier terminated by BPI, or voluntarily cancelled or returned by the Cardholder, the Card shall be valid from the day of issuance or renewal of the Card up to the last day of the month indicated on the face of the Card (the “expiry date”). Only the Cardholder may request for the renewal of the Card, which should be accomplished within One Hundred Twenty (120) days from Card expiry date thru: (i) Express Phone (89-100), subject to Positive Identification (PID) or (ii) any BPI or BPI Family Savings Bank branch. The Cardholder must accomplish all requirements set by BPI at the time of request for renewal. BPI has the right whether to approve or deny the renewal request. The Cardholder agrees that if no request for renewal is submitted/called in to BPI, and the Card has a remaining value, a monthly maintenance fee* shall be charged to the Card beginning on the One Hundred Twenty First (121st) day from Card's expiry date. In case the request for renewal is denied for whatever reason, a Manager’s Check in the name of the Cardholder with the amount equivalent to the remaining load at the time of expiry will be issued within Ninety (90) days.
More Fun Prepaid Card and generic/nameless Card, however, are not renewable and shall automatically expire on their expiry date. Cardholder/Purchaser may apply for a new card online.
11. LOSS OF THE CARD - A lost Card is like lost cash. Upon discovery of the loss of the Card, the Cardholder should immediately call 89-100 or if abroad, BPI toll-free numbers listed on BPI Express Online. After it has received a report of the loss of the Card, BPI shall proceed to block the further use of the Card. Cardholder may request reimbursement of unused load value in the Card after Ninety (90) days from report of loss. Reimbursement can either be, at BPI’s option, in the form of a Manager’s Check made payable to the Cardholder or a replacement Card, both of which shall be subject to service fees*. Losses due to the use of a lost/stolen Card before the loss or theft has been reported and the blocking completed shall be for the account of the Cardholder.
Sumasang-ayon ang Cardholder na kinakailangang tumawag agad sa 89-100, at kung nasa abroad, tumawag sa mga toll-free numbers ng BPI na nakatala sa BPI Express Online upang ipaalam ang pagkawala o pagkanakaw ng kanyang Card. Oras na matanggap ng BPI ang tawag, agarang iba-block ang anumang transaksyon para sa Card na ito. Kung sakaling nagamit ang Card bago ito naitawag na nawawala o nanakaw, ang anumang pagkawala o pagkabawas ng pera ay para sa account ng Cardholder. Sumasang-ayon rin ang Cardholder na maaari lamang makuha ang anumang nalalabing balanse sa Card makalipas ang Siyamnapung (90) araw matapos itawag ang pagkakawala ng Card, sa option ng BPI, sa pamamagitan ng Manager’s Check na nakapangalan sa Cardholder o kaya’y pagpapalit ng bagong Card na may karampatang service fees*.
12. REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED CARDS - BPI shall replace a damaged Card for free if it still has its full ORIGINAL load value and HAS NOT BEEN USED for any transaction. In the event the damaged Card has less than its original value and/or has already been used by the Cardholder for any transaction, BPI shall issue a replacement Card with value equal to the remaining balance of the damaged Card, subject to Cardholder's payment of service fees*. The replacement Card can be claimed Five (5) banking days, for nominated GMMA branches, and Seven (7) banking days, for nominated non-GMMA branches including Visayas and Mindanao, from receipt by BPI of the replacement request.
13. STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT – BPI is not obligated to send Cardholder statements of itemized transactions of the Card. Cardholder may check the balance of the Card through (i) BPI Express Online (ii) 89-100 (iii) short messaging service (SMS) and (iv) ATM if the Card has a PIN. Cardholder may also review the last 5 transactions of the Card at www.bpiexpressonline.com if the Cardholder is enrolled in BPI Express Online.
14. SETTLEMENT OF FINANCIAL LOSSES - Financial losses of the Cardholder arising from security breaches, system failures, or errors committed by BPI or any BPI personnel relating to the Card’s transactions shall be settled by automatic credit to the Card. If the Cardholder wishes to discontinue using the Card, BPI shall issue a Manager’s Check made payable to the Cardholder equivalent to the unused load. Settlement of losses shall only be done after investigations conducted by BPI and/or its affiliates. Ang financial losses ng Cardholder o pagkabawas ng balanse ng Card na dulot ng security breaches, system failures, o anumang errors pagkakamali ng BPI o empleyado ng BPI patungkol sa transaksyon ng Card ay pagbabayaran ng BPI sa pamamagitan ng pag-credit sa Card. Kung gusto naman ng Cardholder na itigil na ang paggamit ng Card, magbibigay ng Manager’s Check ang BPI na nakapangalan sa Cardholder na naglalaman ng katumbas na balanse ng Card. Ang pag-aayos nito ay gagawin lamang pagkatapos maimbistigahan ng BPI o ng mga affiliates nito ang kaso.
15. SERVICE CHARGE AND OTHER FEES - The Cardholder and the Purchaser recognize the right of BPI to impose charges such as service fees*, loading fees*, and other fees* on any or all of its products, services, and facilities, as set forth in Annex A of this document. The Cardholder and/or Purchaser agree to pay such service charges and fees presently imposed or may, in the future, be imposed by BPI at the latter’s option. As necessary, the amount of said service charges and fees may also be revised by BPI from time to time. The Cardholder and/or Purchaser may be notified of new or revised charges or fees thru any of the following: (i) BPI ATMs; (ii) www.bpiexpressonline.com; (iii) BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank branches; or (iv) other communication channels available to BPI.
Kinikilala ng Cardholder at ng Purchaser ang karapatan ng BPI na maningil para sa mga produkto, serbisyo, at mga pasilidad na ibinibigay nito. Sumasang-ayon ang Cardholder at/o Purchaser na magbayad ng anumang pangkasalukuyang charges tulad ng service fees*, loading fees* o anumang fees* sa BPI sa hinaharap. Ang BPI ay maaaring magdagdag ng service fees* o magsagawa ng pagbabago sa halaga ng nasabing service fees* anumang oras. Ito ay maaaring ipagbigay alam sa pamamagitan ng anunsyo sa: (i) BPI ATMs; (ii) www.bpiexpressonline.com; (iii) mga sangay ng BPI o BPI Family Savings Bank; o (iv) iba pang communication channels ng BPI.
16. UNCLAIMED CARDS – Upon application, the Card can be claimed within Five to Seven (5-7) banking days, for nominated Branches in GMMA, and Seven to Ten (7-10) banking days, for nominated Branches in non-GMMA including Visayas and Mindanao. Any Card unclaimed after Thirty (30) days from the time of delivery to the nominated Branch shall be perforated for security reasons. Any Cardholder and/or Purchaser who fails to claim his/her Card within such prescribed period shall be required to purchase a new one.
17. COMPLIANCE - The Cardholder and Purchaser hereby warrant that the use of the Card, including but not limited to the transfer and/or receipt of funds using the Card and the available channels for the Card, do not and will not violate Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001), as amended, as well as other applicable laws, rules, or regulations such as (but not limited to) those relating to anti-money laundering and the use of electronic money. By signing these Terms and Conditions or using the Card, the Cardholder and Purchaser hereby agree to hold BPI, its officers, employees, and representatives, free and harmless and indemnified, from any liabilities, damages, suits, or causes of action whatsoever which may arise from any violation of said laws, rules, or regulations. Moreover, BPI may, upon reasonable suspicion of fraud, irregularity, or anomaly involving the Card, or upon discovery or determination of violation of these Terms and Conditions or any applicable law, rule or regulation, automatically block or suspend or terminate the use of the Card, with or without notice.
18. CUSTOMER SERVICE - Except as otherwise provided, the Cardholder must notify BPI immediately for any issue, complaint or billing error through BPI Express Phone, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting any BPI/BPI Family Bank branch. BPI will investigate any issue or billing error raised or any complaint communicated to it in writing, and will provide the necessary feedback to the Cardholder. Cardholder agrees to fully cooperate in any investigation to be conducted in relation to his/her complaint by providing BPI the required information and documents. In the event the Cardholder no longer wants to participate in any product, business or customer offerings of BPI and/or any of its Affiliates, or in any Marketing Initiative, as provided under this Agreement, he/she must inform BPI by calling BPI Express Phone clearly stating said intention. Should Cardholder wish to renew his/her participation in any such product, business and customer offerings or Marketing Initiative, he/she may call BPI Express Phone indicating his/her agreement to participate in BPI's and its Affiliates' product, business and customer offerings and Marketing Initiative.
19. RIGHT OF SET OFF – Effective upon his/her failure to pay his/her obligation arising from the use of the Card, the Cardholder do hereby assigns and transfers to BPI, without need of demand, and by these presents have assigned and transferred to BPI, any monies, securities, properties (real or personal) and things of value which are now or may hereafter be in the possession, custody or control of BPI or any member of the BPI Group of Companies or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates, on deposit or collateral or otherwise to the credit of and belonging to the Cardholder. For this purpose, the Cardholder does hereby consent, authorize, appoint and irrevocably constitute, and by these presents have appointed and constituted BPI or any member of the BPI Group of Companies, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, as ATTORNEY-IN-FACT with full power and authority to inquire about, to assert their lien or legal claim on such monies, securities, properties (real or personal) and things of value which are now or may hereafter be in the possession, custody or control of BPI or any member of the BPI Group of Companies, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, to sell at public or private sale and to apply the same, in whole or in part, to such obligations. In the absence of such monies, securities, properties (real or personal) or things of value or if the Cardholder’s TOB exceeds the proceeds of the sale, the Cardholder hereby agrees to assign and deliver any deposit or funds the Cardholder may have with any other bank or financial institution to the extent of said Cardholder’s obligations to BPI. For this purpose, the Cardholder does hereby consent and authorize said bank or financial institution to disclose to BPI or its duly authorized representative any information relative to any deposit/placement the Cardholder may have with any such bank or financial institution.
20. TERMINATION BY BPI – Without limiting the generality of Section 1, in the event (i) Cardholder fails to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions governing the use of the CARD as determined by BPI, or (ii) Cardholder fails to observe any of the terms or conditions of any document or agreement which the Cardholder executed in connection with any loan and/or credit facility granted, or any product or service extended by, BPI or any member of the BPI Group of Companies or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, or (iii) the Credit Limit shall be exceeded, or (iv) the Cardholder fails to renew the CARD for any reason or the CARD is not renewed by BPI, or (v) in case of closure by BPI or any member of the BPI Group of Companies, of Cardholder's deposit account/s in accordance with the terms and conditions governing said deposit account/s, or (vi) Cardholder dies or is separated from employment, or (vii) Cardholder becomes bankrupt, insolvent, or undergoes receivership, or his/her property(ies) is/are levied on execution, garnished or attached, or (viii) Cardholder is convicted for a criminal offense with final judgment carrying with it the penalty of civil interdiction, or (ix) any of the cases covered by Article 1198 of the New Civil Code (however evidenced) occur, or (x) Cardholder is charged with, convicted of or under investigation by competent government authority for violation of Republic Act 8484 otherwise known as the "Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998", or (xi) Cardholder defaults in the performance of any obligation, covenant, or condition under any agreement for borrowed money with any third party by which he/she or any of his/her assets may be bound, the right to use the CARD may forthwith be terminated by BPI with or without notice and the aggregate unpaid TOB of the Cardholder and Supplementary for which Cardholder is liable shall immediately become due and demandable, without the necessity of demand, which Cardholder waives. In case of termination by BPI pursuant to this Section, BPI is entitled to exercise the appropriate rights and remedies provided under these Terms and Conditions and shall not in any way be responsible for any liability.
21. UPDATE AND CHANGE OF CONTACT DETAILS AND CARDHOLDER INFORMATION – Cardholder shall update annually or whenever required by BPI, his/her contact details such as residence, office and/or mailing address, telephone numbers and/or electronic mail address, civil status, and such other data previously indicated in the CARD application (the “Contact Details and Cardholder Information”). Cardholder shall likewise notify BPI immediately, in writing, of any change in Contact Details and Cardholder Information. The Cardholder agrees to hold BPI free and harmless from any liability arising from Cardholder's failure to update his/her contact details or from any communication/correspondence/parcel being viewed and/or accessed by any person other than the Cardholder.
22. AMENDMENTS - BPI may, at any time and for whatever reason it may deem proper, amend, revise, or modify these Terms and Conditions. Any such amendment shall bind the Cardholder and Purchaser upon date of effectivity as specified in the notice. The Cardholder or Purchaser may have his/her Card terminated within Fifteen (15) days from notice if he/she refuses to be bound by the amendment. Failure to notify BPI of Cardholder's or Purchaser's intention to terminate his/her Card within the prescribed period shall be construed as acceptance by the Cardholder/Purchaser of the amendments to these Terms and Conditions.
23. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - BPI shall not be liable to the Cardholder or Purchaser for any loss, damage, claim, cost, or other liability arising from the Agreement or the use or misuse of the Card unless solely and directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of BPI or its officers, employees, or representatives. BPI's total liability arising out of, or in connection with, these Terms and Conditions shall be limited to 50% of Card balance or the actual and proven amount lost, whichever is lower.
24. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES - Except as set out in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms, whether express or implied by law or statute, are excluded from these Terms and Conditions. BPI do not represent or warrant to the Cardholder or Purchaser that the Card: (i) will meet his/her requirements; (ii) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error; and (iii) will be accepted or honored at all merchant establishments. BPI may also decline to process any purchase without prior notice to the Cardholder or Purchaser or the relevant merchant. The Cardholder and Purchaser fully understand the corresponding risks attendant to Prepaid Cards.
25. CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE - The Cardholder and the Purchaser acknowledge and agree that updated information relating to each of them, their respective transactions, deposit accounts, business and credit relationships and credit facilities, made available to or in the possession of the BPI or any of the BPI Group of Companies (collectively, the “Information”) may be collected, used, stored, consolidated, processed, disclosed and shared by the BPI for any or all of the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
a. To approve, manage, facilitate, administer, implement and provide the products, services, transactions and facilities availed and/or selected by the Cardholder and the Purchaser;
b. To comply with the BPI’s operational, audit, administrative, credit and risk management processes, policies and procedures; the Terms and Conditions governing the BPI’s Products, Services, Facilities and Channels; the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) rules and regulations; legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time;
c. To comply with applicable laws of the Philippines and those of other jurisdictions including the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the laws on the prevention of money laundering and the implementation of know your customer and sanction screening checks;
d. To develop and enhance product, business and customer offerings of the BPI and/or those of any of the BPI Group of Companies, which may include the conduct of product, system, statistical or business analysis, surveys, schemes, planning and research;
e. To pursue marketing, sales, promotional, advertising and business initiatives (the “Marketing Initiatives”), which may include the development, formulation, dissemination, distribution and rollout of Marketing Initiatives information, materials, documents or brochures, relating to the products, services, events, promotions, programs and offers, of the BPI or any of the BPI Group of Companies or by third parties with which the BPI or any of the BPI Group of Companies, under a duty of confidentiality, has contracted with (the “Program Partners”), whether such Marketing Initiative is undertaken individually by the BPI or by any of the BPI Group of Companies or pursued together with any of the BPI Group of Companies or with Program Partners under a joint venture initiative, servicing agreement, cross-selling arrangement, loyalty or promo program or any project undertaking on a collective or tie-up basis;
For purposes of this Agreement, "BPI Group of Companies" refers, collectively, to Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) and its Affiliates. The term, "Affiliate", means any other corporation, partnership or other form of association which is directly or indirectly controlled by BPI. The term controlled shall mean: (i) ownership of at least twenty percent (20%) of the total issued and outstanding capital stock of such corporation or association; or (ii) the right to elect at least twenty percent (20%) of the number of directors in the corporation or association; or (iii) the right to cause the direction of the management and policies of the corporation, partnership or other form of association, whether through the ownership of shares, directorship, management, community of interest or contract.
f. To carry out, fulfill and complete the transactions authorized by the Cardholder and the Purchaser in connection with BPI’s delivery and performance of the products, services, the facilities and this Agreement.
Pursuant to the relevant Purposes, the BPI may share and disclose the Information, whether within or outside the Philippines, under a duty of confidentiality:
a. to any of the BPI Group of Companies;
b. to the BPI’s directors, officers, employees, professional advisers, legal counsels, auditors, joint venture partners, loyalty program partners, agents, representatives, service providers and third parties providing services to the BPI on a “need to know” basis;
c. to credit information companies, credit bureaus, the Credit Information Corporation (CIC) (pursuant to RA No. 9510 and its implementing rules and regulations), financial institutions, banking and credit industry associations, credit protection provider or guarantee institutions, brokers, insurers and underwriters, in relation to the Cardholder’s and the Purchaser’s availment of credit facilities of BPI, if any (collectively, the “Credit Entities”);
d. to any judicial, governmental, regulatory or supervisory body of the Philippines or those of other jurisdictions, including exchange of information among tax authorities in compliance with FATCA, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time;
e. to any potential transferee or assignee of the BPI’s rights and/or obligations under the relevant contracts or agreements or in connection with any sale, acquisition, merger or consolidation of any of the BPI Group of Companies;
f. to representatives, agents or service providers engaged by the BPI or by any of the BPI Group of Companies to perform ( whether within or outside the Philippines ) data processing, collection, consolidation, storage and such other services in connection with the Loan and the Secured Obligations (the “Outsourced Service Providers”);to representatives, agents or service providers engaged by the BPI, or by any of the BPI Group of Companies or by Program Partners, in connection with the Marketing Initiatives; and,to such other persons or entities that the BPI or any of the BPI Group of Companies or the Credit Entities, if applicable, or the Outsourced Service Provider may engage or contract with to facilitate or carry out any or all of the foregoing Purposes.
The foregoing constitutes the Cardholder’s and the Purchaser’s express consent under the applicable confidentiality and data privacy laws of the Philippines and other jurisdictions and it agrees to hold the BPI, each of the BPI Group of Companies and its authorized representatives free and harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, suits, costs and expenses resulting from or in connection with the implementation of the Purposes and authorities conferred by the Cardholder and the Purchaser under this Agreement.
For the avoidance of doubt, to the extent that applicable confidentiality, bank secrecy or other laws impose non-disclosure requirements on certain relevant information but permits a party to waive such requirements by written consent, the express consent provided herein shall constitute the Cardholder’s and the Purchaser’s written consent for purposes of such applicable laws. Any agreement between the BPI, on the one hand, and the Cardholder and the Purchaser, on the other, to maintain confidentiality of information shall continue to be observed to the extent that such agreement is not otherwise inconsistent with the consent to disclosure of Information authorized under this Agreement.
26. OFFER TO PARTICIPATE IN PROMOS – Cardholder and Purchaser hereby authorize BPI and its partner institutions to offer participation in promotional offers, surveys or such other similar programs by communicating to Cardholder and Purchaser in writing, or by electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, or by short messaging service (SMS), or by such other electronic transmission which BPI, at its option, considers appropriate and effective, or through BPI channels or any one of them including posting in BPI’s website. The Cardholder and Purchaser also consents to receiving communication regarding product updates, advertisements and other announcements regarding the BPI Prepaid Cards and on any product, service, or facility of BPI.
27. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS - The Cardholder's signature herein or on the Card, or the Cardholder's use of the Card, or the Cardholder's receipt of the Card from the Purchaser (if Cardholder is not the Purchaser), constitutes Cardholder's agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions, as well as the Terms and Conditions of the Bank of the Philippine Islands governing PRODUCTS, SERVICES, FACILITIES, AND CHANNELS which are made integral parts hereof by reference and shall likewise be resorted to in instances where they are applicable, shall constitute the agreement between BPI and the Cardholder/Purchaser and shall govern the issuance and use of the Card. The Cardholder and Purchaser agree to any and all supplement(s), modification(s), or amendment(s) to such terms and conditions, notices of which shall be posted in BPI’s premises, website, or any other channel available to BPI.
28. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE – The enforceability and validity of these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, shall not be affected by the unenforceability or invalidity, whether temporary or permanent, of any particular provision hereof because of restrictive laws, regulations, or judicial or administrative determinations obtained during any period hereof or for any other cause.
29. NON-WAIVER OF RIGHTS – No failure or delay on the part of BPI in exercising any right or power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof nor shall any partial or single exercise of any such right or power preclude any other right or power thereunder. No waiver by BPI of any of its rights or powers herein shall be deemed to have been made unless expressed in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative(s).
30. ASSIGNMENT/TRANSFER OF RIGHTS – All rights and interests of BPI under these Terms and Conditions may be assigned or transferred by BPI without the consent of the Cardholder or the Purchaser.
31. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE – These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the proper courts of Makati City, Philippines.
Bank of the Philippine Islands is regulated by the Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP). For any inquiry or concern, you may call BPI at (02) 89-100 for Metro Manila or 1-800-188-89100 for domestic toll-free calls (available to PLDT subscribers), and 63 + 2 + +89-10000 for mobile phone and international access. You may also contact the BSP Financial Consumer Protection Department at (02) 708-7087.
*The applicable fees and charges shall be published in BPI's website at Client Updates portion from time to time and made an integral part hereof.
Annex A – Card Fees
A. CARD EXPIRY FEE or MAINTENANCE FEE
A Card with remaining value not claimed within One Hundred Twenty (120) days after its expiry date, shall be assessed a monthly maintenance fee* to be computed starting on the One Hundred Twenty First day (121st) after the expiry date and automatically deducted from the Card balance. Should the Card balance become zero as a result of the fees deducted, the Card shall likewise be closed. BPI reserves the right to impose additional fees as may be necessary in providing this service. It is hereby understood that redemption of balances from expired Cards shall be net of all applicable fees.
Anumang Card na may nalalabing balanse matapos ang Isang Daan at Dalawampung (120) araw pagkaraan ng expiry date ay maaaring mapatawan ng maintenance fee* kada buwan na sisingilin mula sa unang araw matapos ang Isang Daan at Dalawampung (120) araw. Ito ay agarang mababawas sa balanse ng Card. Anumang balanse na matitira matapos mabawasan ng service maintenance fee* ay ang halagang maaaring makuha ng Cardholder. Sa oras na maubos ang balanse ng Card ng service maintenance fee*, ang Card ay kaagarang isasara. Ang BPI ay may karapatan magpataw ng anumang fees para sa serbisyong ito.
B. PERIODIC FEE
All Prepaid Cards except for My ePrepaid, More Fun, BPI ePay Gift, BPI Express Cash, will be automatically charged a P99 periodic fee on the 3rd and 4th year.
Lahat ng Prepaid cards maliban sa My ePrepaid, More Fun, BPI ePay Gift, BPI Express Cash, ay mapapatawan ng P99 periodic fee sa Ikatlo at Ikaapat na taon.
C. ISSUER’S SERVICE FEE ON FOREIGN CURRENCY TRANSACTIONS
All charges including those incurred abroad through the use of the Card shall be billed and be payable in Philippine currency, subject to 1.00% fee on top of MasterCard/Visa’s foreign exchange rate on the date the transaction is posted.
Ang mga transactions maging gamit sa abroad ay maico-convert sa Philippine Pesos at maaaring mapatawan ng 1% fee, maliban pa ang fees mula sa MasterCard/Visa exchange rate nang araw na na-post ang transaction sa Card.