Our Corporate Secretary is a senior, strategic-level corporate officer who plays a leading role in the bank's corporate governance, with the following functions:
- Serve as an adviser to the directors on their responsibilities and obligations;
- Keep the minutes of meetings of the stockholders, the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, and all other committees in a book or books kept for that purpose, and shall furnish copies thereof to the Chairman, the President and other members of the Board as appropriate;
- Keep in safe custody the seal of BPI and affix it to any instrument requiring the same;
- Have charge of the stock certificate book and such other books and papers as the Board may direct;
- Attend to the giving and serving of notices of Board and shareholder meetings;
- Be fully informed and be part of the scheduling process of other activities of the Board;
- Prepare an annual schedule of board meetings and the regular agendas of meetings, and put the Board on notice of such agenda at every meeting;
- Oversee the adequate flow of information to the Board prior to meetings. Materials for approval or for information shall be given to the members of the Board in advance prior to date of meeting to give them the chance to study and ask questions if necessary even before the meeting itself; and
- Ensure the fulfilment of disclosure requirements to the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Philippine Stock Exchange.
Our Corporate Secretary is suitably trained, experienced and professionally qualified for these responsibilities; her profile may be read here.